CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

ADAM LAMBERT Shooting Video for, “Whataya Want From Me”



Adam spent Monday, December 20, 2009 shooting the video for his second single, “Whataya Want From Me.” The video takes place outside/in a club and is said to be from his lovers point of view, and has a young girl too young to get into the club .. and of course, some spats – to ring in the whataya want from me theme. It follows along a storyline from his lovers point of view — not sure if his lover is some guy, or this young gal … ya never know – Adam likes to play guessing games with us.
This will be interesting. From what we already know above, I’m not crazy about the video taking place through his lovers point of view, and I’ll tell you why. Adam won everyone over not just through his incredible talent – and quirkiness, but also by connecting with his audience. He wouldn’t have become so super-famous so quickly if he hadn’t connected with all of us. After the ama’s, he backtracked a little to reconnect with us, and help re-establish his public image – if you recall, he said he was going to get back to the music and try out new ways to present himself to the public. On Ellen, he sang such a sincere version of “Whataya Want From Me” – the singing, the emotion – it was as if he was saying to all of us – especially those who rejected him after the ama’s – and he uses these lines to describe himself, saying they fit perfectly – “It’s not you, it’s me. I’m a freak. But thanks for loving me cuz you’re doing it perfectly.” And then begs the question – whataya want from me? To have this song represent a reconnection to Adam is perfect … but to shift the representation of emotion from Adam to his lover in the video may prove a disappointment. When I hear the song, I hear Adam telling me he’s different and wants me to love him, his music, and all of his quirkiness – anyway. I can’t – don’t want to – shift that placement onto a stranger in a video. It will ruin the picture already in my head. Now – that’s putting a lot of thought into this … but only because some songs do bring an emotional attachment as opposed to just fun listening. Mind you – I don’t care what the story the video tells is, I just prefer it come from Adam’s point-of-view …. but no matter what I’ll enjoy whatever he produces...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I receive the lyrics of WWFM as you described above, there are plenty of people who are not on the Adam bandwagon - he is a new artist. The song perfectly describes a relationship and I think playing that in the video is perfect. There are so many that can relate and if people can relate they will listen and hopefully buy.

Anonymous said...

I get what you're saying... and I somewhat agree. I don't really care about his lover's pov, I rather find out what Adam's thinking. But I think they did it this way so that they can actually have Adam's face in the video. Lol. If they had it in Adam's pov, we'll have to see through his eyes and we won't be able to see Adam face!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but that is the silliest blog I've ever read. You are over-analysing a music video that you haven't even seen and already announced you are disappointed? Wow! Lighten up sweetheart.

Shar said...

I agree why do fans have to over analyze everything Adam does. This video will be incredible no matter what.

Renee said...

If Adam has anything to do with it, it sure as hell will be a GREAT video!!! :-)

Aqua said...

I couldn't care less what Adam wants to do with his video. All that matters to me is that he is performing in it. FYE and TMF are spectacular, and I trust WWFM will be amazing.

As Adam grows artistically and more fame and money come his way, I can't even imaging how insane his body of work will be! We are going to experience a level of entertainment and artistry that we haven't since MJ. When it comes to AL, we have seen nothing yet. Now, that is a lot to be excited about!

P.S. I have a problem with you insinuating that Adam Lambert would had fallen out of stardom after the AMA performance if it weren't for our aid. Come on! Really! The men is a GOD!!! Stop spreading nonsense!

All I do for him is only to help spread his music around, show him that I am a loyal fan, an as such I want to stick it to those that try to sabotage him because of intolerance or hatred, and more importantly because I want him to know that he is not alone.

Now, why don't you be a real fan and point out his attributes (instead of publicly making him look weak) rather than your perceived flaws of him. :-(

Aqua said...

Oops! Sorry. The P.S. part of my previous comment was intended for another window I had opened on another site! My bad!

Post a Comment