CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ponderings... And Some Deep Thoughts...



"In the deepest hour of night,
I confess to myself three things;
I would die if I was forbidden to write
forbidden to love, or forbidden to fashion.
Heartbeats embody the trinity of my
human being with one additional vow;
that SOUND matters.
Wear heartbeats.
Love each other,
And celebrate the art 
and lifestyle of music."


~Lady Gaga~



This really touched me deeply... straight in the heart.
So many people misinterpret Adam Lambert and Lady Gaga's artistry as "attention seeking," when in reality they are living from the deepest parts of themselves. The parts within where they have both expressed feelings of rejection and alienation because they never fit into the "box" that modern day society demands.
Through their art as entertainers, they now have a venue to express who they truly are more freely. Adam has said in numerous interviews that "he is not for everyone," that his "music isn't for everyone." And he is more than okay with this.
He seems to know exactly who he is and is not afraid to live his vision in a way that shouts, "I will no longer walk this world asleep!"- "I will live out loud & proud..." And does he ever. He has major swagger don't you think?
He exudes utter confidence, and he is not about to go back to living in the "closet of life" - (this is not about simply his sexual preference, but his enthusiasm to use his God given talent in any way he wants to). I truly believe, through his actions that he now realizes that HE is the Master of his own destiny. I admire that in him. I admire that in Lady Gaga.
They both evoke feelings in me that help me to realize that I belong to no one other than myself. That my personal integrity lies within, not out there somewhere. I have always known this on some level, yet when I was younger, I felt that I had to compromise myself in order to "fit in," and play roles that just didn't belong to me.
They are both inspirations to me because they remind me, on those days when I forget, that I am a unique human being with valuable passions, thoughts and feelings - even if those personal aspects run contrary to the expectations of others.

Aftermath - Wanna scream out - no more hiding. Don't be afraid of what's inside... In the Aftermath anytime anybody pulls you down, anybody says your not allowed, just remember you are not alone...
So point on! HE GETS IT.
I adore witnessing Adam shake up the "norms" - and that is only ONE reason I was so enthralled and enamored with him from the very first time I laid eyes on him and heard him "sing his face off."
Adam's confidence and self-assurance is so refreshing. There is just NO shame in his game. And his genuine humility, and kind heart only reinforce my admiration for him. He is certainly the most beautiful person I have ever witnessed in my lifetime (both on the inside and out). He has earned my respect by simply being who he is.
He deserves this ultimate fulfillment of his dreams.






I am proud to witness a legend being born...

0 comments:

Post a Comment